Published Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals and Edited Volumes:
- "Direct and Indirect Skill Selection: Permanent Visa Types and the Economic Wellbeing of Immigrants", (with Lan Anh Tong and Cahit Guven, Deakin University), Economic Record, June 2020, 96(1): 50-77.
- "Social Unrest in Impressionable Years and The Formation of Political Attitudes", (with Mevlude Akbulut and Dozie Okoye, Dalhousie University), Economic Inquiry, January 2020, 58(1): 184-208.
- “Do English Skills Affect Muslim Immigrants’ Economic and Social Integration Differentially?” (with Cahit Guven and Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel) , Economic Record, September 2019, 95(310): 279-300.
- “Women Make Houses, Women Make Homes” (with Mevlude Akbulut, Dalhousie University and Melanie Khamis, Wesleyan University), Labour Economics, December 2017, 49: 145-161.
- "Heterogeneity in the Long Term Effect of the Warfare" (with Mevlude Akbulut, Dalhousie University), Economics and Human Biology, 27, Part A, November 2017: 126-136.
- “For Better or for Worse: The Long-Term Effects of Postwar Mobilization on Family Formation,” (with Mevlude Akbulut, Dalhousie University and Melanie Khamis, Wesleyan University), Applied Economics, 2016, 48(29): 2771-2784.
- “The Long-Term Direct and External Effects of Jewish Expulsions in Nazi Germany” (with Mevlude Akbulut, Dalhousie University), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 2015, 7(3): 58-85. [Data]
- “Convergences in Men’s and Women’s Life Patterns: Lifetime Work, Lifetime Earnings, and Human Capital Investment” (with Joyce Jacobsen and Melanie Khamis, Wesleyan University), Research in Labor Economics, 2014, Vol. 41, Emerald Publishing, Bingley.
- “The Decreasing Effect of Skin Tone on Women’s Full-Time Employment” (with Randall Akee, UCLA), Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 2012, 65(2): 398-422.
- “Do Recent Latino Immigrants Compete for Jobs with Native Hispanics and Earlier Latino Immigrants?” (with Adriana Kugler, Georgetown University), in David L. Leal and Stephen J. Trejo, eds., Latinos and the Economy: Integration and Impact in Schools, Labor Markets, and Beyond, New York: Springer, 2011, 213-231.
- “Intergenerational Transfer of Human Capital under Post-War Distress: The Displaced and the Roma in the Former Yugoslavia”, (with Martin Kahanec, CEU), in Gil Epstein and Ira Gang, eds., Migration and Culture, Frontiers of Economics and Globalization, 2010, Vol. 8, Emerald Publishing, Bingley, 415-443.
- “The Effects of EU Enlargement and the Temporary Measures on the German Labor Market” (with Karl Brenke, DIW and Klaus F. Zimmermann,IZA), published in EU Labor Markets after Post-Enlargement Migration, Springer: Berlin, 2009, 111- 129.
Papers Under Review or Under Revision:
- “Why Have Women’s and Men’s Work Patterns Converged?” (with Joyce Jacobsen and Melanie Khamis, Wesleyan University), under review.
- “Intergenerational Mobility of Immigrants in Germany: Moving with Natives or Stuck in Their Neighborhoods?”, IZA Discussion Paper No. 4677.
- “A Note on Measures of Human Capital for Immigrants: Examining the American Community Survey and New Immigrant Survey” (with Randall Akee, UCLA), IZA Discussion Paper No. 3897.
- “Effects of Low-Skilled Immigration on U.S. Natives: Evidence from Hurricane Mitch” (with Adriana Kugler, Georgetown University), NBER Working Paper No. 14293; IZA Discussion Paper No. 3670.
Work in Progress:
- “Do Mixed-Age Classes Help or Hurt Academic Performance? (with Mevlude Akbulut and Lars Osberg, Dalhousie University)
- “Family Policies and Female Labor Market Outcomes” (with Mevlude Akbulut, Dalhousie University and Melanie Khamis, Wesleyan University)
- “Health Outcomes in the Turn off Great Recession: A Comprehensive Analysis” (with Mevlude Akbulut, Dalhousie University, Zeynal Karaca, AHRQ and Herbert S. Wong, AHRQ)
- "Height and Socioeconomic Outcomes in Germany"
- "Age at Migration and Adult Height"
- “Capital-Skill Complementarity: Evidence from Manufacturing Industries in Ghana” (with Gokhan Akay, Trinity College), IZA Discussion Paper No. 4674, Actual Problems of Economics, 2013, 5(143): 195-204.
- “Temporal Ordering of Inflation and Inflation Uncertainty: Evidence from the United Kingdom” (with Hakan Berument, Bilkent University), Istatistik, Journal of the Turkish Statistical Association, 2002, 5(1): 551-58.